Module Breakdown - For a course module breakdown click here
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Introduction to Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure
- Identify Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure features, benefits, and licensing options.
- Interpret Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure architecture components to identify configuration prerequisites.
- Interpret Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure deployment models.
- Discuss concepts related to Virtual Machines in Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure.
Connectivity and Networking
- Summarize Horizon Cloud Service connectivity considerations and tasks.
- Discuss Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure networking concepts.
- Identify ports required for local connections, remote connections, and endpoint operating system firewall rules.
- List the features and limitations of supported AD configurations.
- Discuss Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure AD integration best practices.
- Determine Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure AD requirements.
Deployment and Upgrades
- Determine steps and requirements to deploy Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure.
- Discuss the features and benefits of using multiple tenant subnets for desktops and RDSH.
- Discuss the features and benefits of using Internal and External UAG.
- Discuss UAG Custom Deployment options in Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure.
- Recognize Horizon Cloud Service console controls that are available for administrators.
- Identify Horizon Cloud Service upgrade features and benefits.
- List the steps and considerations to take when setting up a primary VM to be used as an assignable image.
- Explain Windows 10 Enterprise multisession for Horizon Cloud Service on Microsoft Azure.
Remote Desktop Session Host Farms
- List the steps and considerations to take when creating an RDSH farm.
- List the actions that can be performed on farms listed on the console’s farms page.
- List the actions to assign an application to a user or group.
- List the prerequisites and steps to create an RDSH session assignment.
- Compare a dedicated assignment to floating assignment.
- Outline steps to create a VDI desktop assignment.
- Explain the entitlement of desktops.
Managing Assignable Images
- Manage assignable images
- Update agent and images
VMware Dynamic Environment Manager
- Identify the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager functional areas and their benefits
- Prepare infrastructure for VMware Dynamic Environment Manager.
- Outline the steps that are required to install and configure VMware Dynamic Environment Manager components.
- Manage user personalization and application configurations using the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager management console and application profiler.