Yuri Misnik, Executive General Manager, Business Enabling Technology, National Australia Bank did a keynote presentation at AWS re:Invent 2018 where he shares the importance of AWS training and certification.
In the 9 minute presentation, Yuri shared an overview of NAB’s AWS Migration and how it was core to achieving the bank’s ambition of maintaining their status as Australia’s number one Business Bank. To do this they are investing $4.5BN over 3-years as part of their cloud-first technology strategy, which they are 1 year into.
Key messages from Yuri’s AWS re:Invent 2018 keynote presentation
- NAB has approximately 2,500 applications, some of which are up to 40 years old
- Their goal is to have 35% of the applications in the cloud by the end of 2020
- Today they have 100+ applications running on AWS in production, and expect this to triple in the next 12 months
- They are 4 key pillars to achieving their cloud-first technology strategy
- World class security
- Modern architecture
- Agile processes
- Training and Certification
AWS Training and Certification
In the presentation Yuri references NAB Cloud Guild, their technology training program designed to give NAB employees the opportunity to develop skills in cloud computing. From beginners to professional developers, NAB Cloud Guild provides employees with the opportunity to acquire or build their cloud skills, in support of NAB’s technology transformation.
- NAB has training over 3,000 Engineers in AWS technology
- 350 Certified Engineers in the 6 months leading up to AWS re:Invent 2018 (and counting)
- Engineers “own what they build”
- You build it, you run it
- You break it, you fix it
- Celebrate craftsmanship
Watch Yuri Misnik from National Australia Bank at AWS re:Invent 2018
In a separate press release on 29th November 2018 (National Australia Bank Selects AWS as a Long Term Strategic Cloud Provider), Yuri talks about the need to “establish a training program that prepares our workforce with the necessary skills to enable our path to the cloud”, and gives employees the opportunity to “quickly ramp up on AWS technologies and develop skills that will enable them to innovate digital experiences for customers”.
Want to know how training and certification can accelerate your assessment and adoption of AWS Cloud? Contact Bespoke Training so we can help you plan and execute a customised training and certification program for your business.